Nearly 1% of the entire world’s population is suffering from Autism Spectrum Disorder. Some people have switched to marijuana to handle the impacts of autism on their loved ones and they experienced success.
Despite the large numbers of people with ASD and the rising number of people are looking for marijuana therapy, some researches on the capacity of marijuana conducted for treating autism. So, is marijuana the world’s most effective treatment for autism? Let’s check out.
Is marijuana considered the most effective treatment for autism in the world?
After studies by scientists, different autism treatment options have come into action. But we consider none for curing it precisely. The Cannabis plant has shown positive impacts on people with autism. Hence, different clinical trials are checking if elements in cannabis are usable for treating autism symptoms.
There are nearly 140 cannabinoids. And the most popular cannabinoid is THC or Tetrahydrocannabinol. This is the main psychoactive element found in marijuana. The cannabis is not a magical plant which solves everything. However, on an average, it can decrease the bitterness of a kid with autism by some points. Often nothing happens at all but even whether it is not dramatic, you can see a notable difference.
Scientists have also performed a research also for checking if Cannabis compound can ease some severe symptoms of autism. Let’s have a discussion on some advantages of the cannabis.
How cannabis is beneficial in curing autism
- The most popular properties of marijuana are analgesic, anti-inflammatory, anticonvulsant, and neuroprotective, besides owning.
- Some other neurological disorders like epilepsy sometimes accompany Autism Spectrum Disorder and it could arise from the primary central nervous system condition. Usually, epilepsy occurs in nearly 1/3rd people with autism. The cannabis extracts were effective and safe for treating epilepsy that also annoys nearly 20% of children with autism.
- Researchers researching the impacts of marijuana extracts on epilepsy understood that the elements helped many patients in handling symptoms of autism.
- Treats conditions like dependence, anxiety, and depression.
- In a small diagnosis, medical experts offered many patients the CBD-THC tincture regularly for 3 months enhanced at least one of the major symptoms of autism spectrum disorder, with including repetitive behaviors, language, or social communication.
- Cannabinoids could decrease depressive and anxiety systems by impacting serotonin receptors in your brain.
Various clinical trials are searching if various cannabis compounds are effective enough that medical professionals use them for treating autism. It is vital to keep in mind that autism’s diagnosis occurs in early childhood; hence, you must be cautious in treating a kid with marijuana and you must not forget consulting a medical expert before doing it.
Maximum children with autism show the self-harming behavior. Marijuana will help to reduce and regulate its impacts. Depending on the level of autism of the kid on the autism spectrum, the medical expert will offer the precise amount of marijuana to your kid.